What happens at the Conciliation Stage?
During the Conciliation Stage, we can:
- facilitate informal negotiations, impartially assisting all parties to achieve a fair resolution
- prepare a case summary highlighting each party’s position
- hold a conciliation conference if it is more efficient and effective at resolving the complaint
- make a recommendation about how the complaint should be resolved
- prepare a Settlement Agreement if an resolution is reached.
For more information about complaint stages, please view the CIO Complaint Process.