What happens once I respond to the complaint?
If the customer is not satisfied with your response they can ask CIO for help to resolve the complaint through a ‘conciliation process’.
During the Conciliation stage CIO can:
- facilitate informal negotiations between you and the customer
- conduct alternative dispute resolution processes, such as mediation
- make recommendations to you and the customer about resolving the dispute
- prepare a ‘Conciliation Settlement’ if an agreement is reached at this stage.
- We try to complete this process within 45 days, however in some cases this can be extended to 90 days.
If CIO forms the view that it will be unable to further assist the parties to achieve resolution of the complaint in the conciliation phase, CIO may declare the conciliation phase completed.