Key issues: Reverse Mortgage | Lender | Agency | Unsuitable product | Non-disclosure | Misleading conduct
Summary of the complaint:
- The consumers’ complaint related to the FSP being liable for representations made by a referrer.
- The issue of the referrer being liable for misrepresentation/misleading conduct had already been dealt with by FOS.
- The consumers stated that the FSP failed to disclose the amount or scale of the fixed interest break charge and risks associated with the mortgage.
- The consumers also claimed that the break charges imposed by the FSP were unconscionable and not in accordance with the law.
- We found that that the none of these claims were made out.
Download Review 13 December 2016
This Review was referred to the Ombudsman for a Determination.