Determination - 5 December 2014 (3)
Key issues: Credit Motor vehicle lease | Unjust contract | Affordability | Inadequate explanation of terms
Summary of Determination
- I find that the consumer’s complaint against the FSP has been made out; in particular, the lease that the consumer entered into with the FSP is an unjust contract.
- To resolve this complaint, I order the FSP to:
- release the consumer from any and all liability arising from or in connection to the lease; and
- pay compensation of $17,420 to the consumer;
- remove any encumbrance it has over the motor vehicle (the vehicle) and allow the consumer to retain the vehicle; and
- refrain from making (and remove any existing) adverse entries on the consumer’s credit file in relation to the lease.