What you need to provide
To help us deal with your complaint, you can provide us with:
- a detailed timeline/chronology of events
- copies of communications (letters, emails and faxes)
- any agreement/s between you and your financial services provider
- any additional information you feel is relevant in supporting your complaint.
If you don’t have the required information you may wish to contact your financial services provider to ask for a copy. However, if this is not possible, we can ask your financial services provider for this information once your complaint has been made.
All parties are required to comply with all requests from CIO in providing information.
- Disclosure Statement
- Third Party Authority — If you wish to make a complaint, we will only deal with someone other than you if you authorise that person to act on your behalf.
- Information we may ask for — When we deal with complaints, we actively seek relevant information from all parties and expect each party to act in good faith in presenting all relevant information.
- Information we may consider — We aim to resolve complaints with as little formality and technicality as possible whilst still achieving fairness to all parties. However, we don't have the power to take any evidence on oath nor to cross-examine any of the parties.
- Offensive or Defamatory Information — If we consider information to be offensive or defamatory, we may refuse to convey that information to any other party to the complaint.