News and Events
At CIO, we recognise that to be an effective and fair dispute resolution provider, it is critical for us to effectively engage with our stakeholders, which include consumers and their advocates, financial services providers, regulators and other government and industry bodies.
We see the value of engaging with stakeholder groups through news and publications, promotions, website resources, policy submissions, media releases and a range of other channels, including regular consultations.
This section provides a comprehensive selection of news relating to CIO, consumers, financial services providers and the industry through media releases, newsletters, member news articles, training information, and upcoming events.
- Consumer News — CIO's Consumer News and Guides provide information to assist consumers with approaching their financial services provider with a complaint. The Consumer Guide gives a helpful summary of what the consumer should do before directing their complaint on to CIO, in terms of firstly looking to resolve the issue through Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) with their financial services provider.
- Information about Credit Repair Agencies — CIO has become increasingly aware of some 'credit repair' agencies which offer to 'fix' a consumer’s credit records for a considerable fee.
- Obtaining your Credit File for free — All consumers are entitled to obtain their credit file for free from credit reporting bodies.
- FSP News — CIO publishes regular newsletters to keep financial services providers and other scheme participants informed about our key activities, industry news, events and relevant changes to current practice.
- Media Releases — CIO issues news releases to provide information about key issues to the media to keep our stakeholders informed about relevant CIO activities.