Search Financial Services Providers

On 1 September 2018 the CIO scheme was transferred to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) as part of transition arrangements for AFCA commencing on 1 November 2018. From 1 September 2018 AFCA has been managing the CIO scheme.

As part of transition arrangements, any CIO complaint that is received prior to 1 November 2018 will be dealt with under the CIO Rules. From 1 November the AFCA scheme will commence and any disputes received by AFCA will be dealt with under the AFCA Rules.

For more information, visit the AFCA website.

The information outlined below is relevant for all complaints received by CIO prior to 1 November 2018. From 1 November 2018, AFCA will be dealing with all new financial services complaints.

You can search our participant database for financial services providers and to find detailed information about who to contact if you have a problem or complaint. Type in the person’s name or company name and hit the “Enter” key on your keyboard:

What to do if your financial services provider (FSP) is not listed with CIO?

If your FSP is not listed this may be because your FSP is not a scheme participant at CIO.

Who to contact if your FSP is not a member of CIO?

We cannot help you with disputes about FSPs who are not scheme participants at CIO. The FSP may be a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).  You can contact FOS to see if they are. Visit for more information.

Who to contact if your FSP is an authorised credit representative?

Some participants of our scheme are authorised credit representatives (ACRs) of another organisation. Complaints about ACRs need to be sent to the licensee of the ACR. A listing of an ACR will show who the licensee is, or who the ACR is an authorised credit representative for.

If the ACR is not a scheme participant at CIO, you can find out who the licensee (also called the “registered person”) is on ASIC’s website at:

Need more help?

If you can’t find your FSP in the search, please contact us on 1800 138 422.

For more information on resolving disputes click here.