The Credit Ombudsman Service releases a range of publications containing information about our scheme, our approach to complaint handling, comments on consultations, a collection of reports, releases and stakeholder updates.
Please see below for a full list of publications currently available.
- Position Statements — Our Position Statements provide financial services providers and consumers with guidance as to how we approach particular issues.
- Annual Report on Operations — The Annual Report on Operations provides stakeholders with detailed information about how complaints are handled by CIO.
- Submissions — Our Submissions offer financial services providers and consumers information about how we approach a particular issue.
- Annual Reports — The Credit and Investments Ombudsman releases an Annual Report on its business for each financial year. The report is presented together with the years' audited financial accounts at the CIO Annual General Meeting (AGM), held within three months of the end of the financial year. All participants of the CIO scheme and stakeholders are invited to attend the AGM each year.
- Independent Review — Every three to five years, CIO commissions an external reviewer to undertake an independent review, which is outlined in CIO’s Constitution and required by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) RG-139 (approval and oversight of external dispute resolution schemes).
- Guides and Brochures — This section provides additional information for both consumers and financial services providers in terms of the CIO complaint process, information about how to make a complaint, conciliation conferences, financial hardship, and how to become a participant of the Credit and Investments Ombudsman scheme.