What if I want time to access my superannuation?


A borrower can apply to the Department of Human Services (’DHS’) (including Centrelink) for the partial release of their superannuation funds. Depending on the circumstances, it may or may not be appropriate for you to do this.

If you are considering making an application for the early release of your superannuation funds, we recommend that you first discuss this with a financial counsellor or a community legal centre.

See Centrelink’s website for more information.