What information should I give my lender for a financial hardship application?
The lender will need to understand your financial situation to be able to consider your hardship request.
- why you are in financial hardship.
- an explanation of how and when your situation will improve.
- what you want from the lender
- whether you are able to make some payments and over what period of time, or
- a statement of financial position, which sets out your income and expenses, as well as supporting documents.
- bank account statements
- pay slips
- utility bills
- tax returns
- Centrelink statements
- details of debts with other creditors, or
- (if you are seeking time to sell) an agency agreement or appraisal.