Rules & Guidelines
The CIO Rules
Every participant of the CIO scheme is bound by and must comply with CIO's Rules.
The Rules set out:
- who can make a complaint to the Credit and Investments Ombudsman
- what a complaint can be about
- what complaints are not covered by the Credit and Investments Ombudsman
- what the procedures are for making and resolving a complaint
- The 10th Edition Rules came into effect on 15 August 2016 and apply to complaints received on or after that date.
Earlier editions of CIO Rules
Complaints received before 15 August 2016 may be subject to earlier editions of the CIO Rules.
Guidelines to the CIO Rules
The Guidelines to the CIO Rules are intended to explain in greater detail some aspects of CIO’s Rules.
In particular, the Guidelines explain:
- how CIO’s Rules apply to a complaint
- the policies CIO takes into account when exercising its discretions under the Rules.
The Guidelines should be read in combination with the CIO Rules. If there is an inconsistency between the Guidelines and the Rules, the Rules override the Guidelines.
► Download in PDF | 5th Edition Guidelines to the CIO Rules
► Download in PDF | 4th Edition Guidelines to the CIO Rules